- This event has passed.
Ogden Museum 6th Annual MLK Day Celebration
/// January 16 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Presented by COX
Join us at Ogden Museum for the 6th Annual MLK Day Celebration on Monday, January 16th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.. The day is a Celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and legacy with a focus on peace and healing. Enjoy FREE admission to the Museum, community partner tables, family-friendly performances, art activities, a food truck and more!
- Listen to the a specifically curated Spotify playlist honoring the memory and messages of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. created by Ogden Museum Teen Interns.
- Explore the Museum through a Scavenger Hunt and win a prize.
- Enjoy a performance by Young Audiences Charter School Jazz Band.
- Sit for Story time brought to you by the Jefferson Parish Library.
- Develop your love for reading with a book giveaway and card-making with the New Orleans Public Library.
- Create a project that incorporates recycled materials with RicRack, a sewing and textile nonprofit.
- Get in-tune with family yoga.
- Create art activities inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on the I Have a Dream Wall and Peace Crane Project.
- Relax with guided meditation.
- Be inspired by a powerful performance by Artivism Dance Theatre then participate in an interactive component following the performance.
- Listen to tunes by DJ Heelturn inspired by the civil rights movement.
- Learn about the civil rights movement’s history here in New Orleans through a presentation by Friends of the Freedom House.