Are you looking to get more involved in the New Orleans arts community? Ogden Museum of Southern Art’s Kohlmeyer Circle might be the group for you! This group includes young art patrons and collectors, ages 21-45, who have an interest in Southern art and a desire to connect with others who share a similar passion.
During the month of April, there are added incentives to becoming a member starting with a 20% discount on membership!
More perks of joining in April:
- Recruit three friends to join/renew and receive your individual Kohlmeyer Circle membership for free!
- A Kohlmeyer Circle tote bag
- 2 “O bar” drink tickets to be used at an Ogden Museum event
- An “I am the South” Ogden Museum sticker t-shirt
- Entry into weekly raffle drawing for the following prizes: a limited edition print, a Kohlmeyer Circle membership to gift to a friend, an Ogden Museum Store gift bag
Find your inner circle among this diverse group of professionals with a shared passion for art! Here are even more reasons to join!
1. Engage with Southern art and the New Orleans Community
Ogden Museum of Southern Art holds the largest and most comprehensive collection of Southern art and is recognized for its original exhibitions, public events and educational programs, which examine the development of visual art alongside Southern traditions of music, literature and culinary heritage to provide a comprehensive story of the South.
2. Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Tours of Museum Exhibitions and Private Collections
Earlier this month, members enjoyed an exclusive tour of the JAMNOLA exhibits. They also had the chance to enjoy a unique opportunity to chat with exhibiting artists. We have even more fun events planned for this year, including a tour of Michael Wilkinson’s private collection featuring Prospect artists.
3. Exclusive Tours of Artist Studios to Get to Know Artists
In addition to behind-the-scenes tours of exhibitions and private collections, members also enjoy tours of artists’ studios. Members will enjoy tours of three artist studios included in Louisiana Contemporary, presented by The Helis Foundation. Members will also be able to tour the home and studio of Simon Gunning. While touring artists’ studios, members have the opportunity to get to know the artists. They learn about their work, background, career and techniques.
4. Discounted Tickets to Events Like Magnolia Ball and O What A Night! Gala
Our annual Magnolia Ball has become one of the most anticipated social events of the summer. The O What A Night! Gala is not only an experiential celebration of the very best in Southern art, music and food, but is also the Museum’s top fundraising event.
5. Learn About Collecting
Want to start collecting works of art? We host cocktail receptions and special viewings in collectors’ homes. Our featured collectors participate to share how they began their collection and they love providing tips.
6. Network and Engage with a Diverse Group of Members
The Kohlmeyer Circle has over 100 members from a diverse variety of backgrounds and professions. Many of our members are artists, collectors, gallerists and art enthusiasts. You can take advantage of the opportunity to network with people of a variety of backgrounds and professions!
7. Invitations to private exhibition previews and evening receptions with the Director
Members receive invitations to the VIP openings and receptions for exhibitions.
8. Invitation to Kohlmeyer Circle Holiday Party
Each year, the Kohlmeyer Circle holds a holiday party that has proven to be one of our largest Kohlemyer events of the year. In 2019. Kohlmeyer Circle members were welcomed at Dawn DeDeaux’s artist compound, where she shared her residency program as well as her home and studio.
9. Invitations to select Board and Richardson Society events
Join our board members and the Richardson Society, our highest level of membership, in select private events and receptions!
10. Discounts in the Ogden Museum Store and on Registration for Events Like Craft Happy Hour and Artist Workshops
Use your discount in the Ogden Museum Store for the perfect gift for yourself or loved ones. In addition, you will be able to get discounts on artist workshops and our Craft Happy Hours.Learn More and Join