The Ogden Museum of Southern Art is wholly dedicated to the health, wellbeing and safety of our guests, visitors and institutional family. According to guidelines set by the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art is taking proactive and precautionary measures in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
Measures That We Are Taking
Ogden Museum leadership and staff are especially focused on the continued guidance as outlined by the Mayor’s Declaration of Emergency for the City of New Orleans and the Governor’s Declaration of a Public Health Emergency for the State of Louisiana.
- We are increasing the sanitation of our public spaces, especially those that are touched (like elevator buttons) or highly trafficked
- We have placed additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum
- Interactive components with touch screens have been temporarily suspended in our gallery spaces
Postponed or Cancelled Events
We are working diligently to reschedule as many of these programs and activities as possible and will provide updates and additional information on our website and through our social media platforms. As of now, here is the list of events that have been postponed or cancelled:
- Postponed: March 14, Artist Workshop
- Cancelled: March 19 & 26, Ogden After Hours concert series
- Postponed: March 21, Free Family Day
- Postponed: March 26, Entwined & Revelations Opening Reception
- Postponed: March 26, Book Signing with Bill Dunlap
- Postponed: March 28, Panel Discussion: Unraveled, featuring Entwined artists
- Postponed: March 27, Day with an Artist (Sharon Kopriva at Edna Karr High School)
- Postponed: March 30 – April 3, Adult Fine Arts Camp
- Postponed: March 31, Day with an Artist (Horton Humble at International High School of Louisiana)
- All school and group tours will be cancelled for March 2020
What can you do?
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces